Many are following the controversy over the Stephen F. Cohen-Robert C. Tucker Dissertation Fellowship Program. For those unfamiliar with the details or want to follow the responses, here’s a useful guide.
From Stephen Cohen:
Then the controversy went public in the New York Times: Scholars at Odds on Ukraine.
Responses from ASEEES:
- ASEEES Clarification Regarding Cohen-Tucker Fellowship Program Negotiation
- ASEEES Detailed Clarification Regarding Cohen-Tucker Fellowship Negotiations
The debate and responses:
- The Troubling Case of Professor Stephen Cohen and the American Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- ASEEES Responds to Cohen Controversy
- ASEEES Offers Second, More Detailed Response to Cohen Controversy
- Russia Scholars Reply to ASEEES ‘Detailed Clarification’ Regarding Cohen-Tucker Fellowship Controversy
- Does Stephen Cohen Have the Right to Be Outspoken? Does the ASEEES Board Have the Right to Remain Silent?
- Dear Stephen Cohen: I Love You; I’m Sorry; You’re Wrong
- It’s Not About Censorship: On Stephen Cohen
- L’affaire Stephen F. Cohen – and Academic Dissent and Division on Ukraine
- What Standards Should Be Applied When Deciding to Accept Funds?